iPhone Srbija Servis, Beograd Kosovska 28

Thread: House Energy and Commerce Committee - Pitanja Apple-u i Google vezana za privatnost

Thanks
    Thanked 9,596 Times in 6,435 Posts

Default House Energy and Commerce Committee - Pitanja Apple-u i Google vezana za privatnost

House Energy and Commerce Committee, kao jedan od najstarijih komiteta u okviru US House of Representatives, je jutros uputio pisma naslovljena Apple CEO Tim Cook-u i Alphabet (Google parent company) CEO Larry Page-u.

Pisma sadrze 16 pitanja vezana za to kako ove kompanije koriste podatke korisnika.

Ono sto je upuceno obojici CEO:

Nedavni izvestaji sugerisu da smart uredjaji mogu, a u odredjenim situacijama i prikupljaju "non-triggered" audio podatke iz razgovora korisnika a sa ciljem da cuju "trigger" fraze, poput "okay Google" ili "hey Siri". Takodje postoje izvestaji da third party aplikacije imaju pristup i da koriste ove "non-triggered" podatke bez pristanka korisnika.

Poznato je da je Apple kompanija koja se uvek deklarise kao neko ko vodi racuna o prviatnosti korisnika a Tim Cook je dao intervju za CNN i Laurie Segall-u, pored ostalog, izjavio:

The ability of anyone to know what you've been browsing about for years, who your contacts are, who their contacts are, things you like and dislike and every intimate detail of your life - from my own point of view it shouldn't exist."

Ono sto je upuceno Tim Cook-u:

“In the wake of the privacy scandals that surfaced earlier this year, you made several comments to the press around Apple’s beliefs about privacy, including ‘[w]e’ve never believed that these detailed profiles of people that have incredibly deep personal information that is patched together from several sources should exist.’ However, users have consistently had access to apps through the App Store that you have highlighted as contradictory to Apple’s values, including Google and Facebook apps.

Only a few weeks ago Apple announced changes to its App Store rules that were characterized as attempting to limit how much data third-party app developers can collect from Apple device users.

These statements and actions raise questions about how Apple device users’ data is protected and when it is shared and compiled.

Ono sto je upuceno Larry Page-u:

In June 2017, Google announced changes to Gmail that would halt scanning the contents of a user’s email to personalize advertisements to ‘keep privacy and security paramount.’

Last week, reports surfaced that in spite of this policy change, Google still permitted third parties to access the contents of users’ emails, including message text, email signatures, and receipt data, to personalize content.

In the context of free services offered by third parties, these practices raise questions about how representations made by a platform are carried out in practice.

Code:
    https://energycommerce.house.gov/news/press-release/ec-leaders-press-apple-and-google-on-third-party-access-audio-and-location-data-collection/

Bez obzira sto se izvestaji o nepostovanju privatnosti i prikupljanju korisnickih podataka odonose na Android, predstavnike House Energy and Commerce Committee zanima da li Apple ima slicnu politiku o prikupljanju podataka o lokaciji cak i kad su lokacijeske usluge, WiFi i Bluetooth iskljuceni ili o prisluskivanju korisnika uz opravdanje da uredjaj ceka i trazi da cuje izvrsnu komandu a zatim te podatke deli sa third-party aplikacijama.

Postavljena pitanja za Tim Cook-a:

• When an iPhone lacks a SIM card (or if WiFi, Bluetooth, or location services are disabled), is that phone programmed to collect and locally store information through a different data-collection capability, if available, regarding: nearby cellular towers, nearby WiFi hotspots, or nearby Bluetooth beacons? If yes, are iPhones without SIM cards (or with WiFi/Bluetooth/location services disabled) programmed to send this locally stored information to Apple?
    • If a consumer using an iPhone has disabled location services for multiple apps, but then reenables location services for one app, are iPhones programmed to reenable location services for all apps on that phone?
    • Do Apple's iPhone devices have the capability to listen to consumers without a clear, unambiguous audio trigger? If yes, how is this data used by Apple? What access to this data does Apple give to third parties?
    • Do Apple's iPhone devices collect audio recordings of users without consent?
    • Could Apple control or limit the data collected by third-party apps available on the App Store? Please provide a list of all data elements that can be collected by a third-party app downloaded on an iPhone device about a user.
    • Apple recently announced a partnership with RapidSOS for enhanced location services for 911 calls. What role will RapidSOS serve in the sharing and retention of this information?
    • What limits does Apple place on third-party developers' ability to collect information from users' or from users' devices? Please describe in detail changes made in June 2017 from prior policies.

Kompletno pismo

Tim Cook

Larry Page

Macrumors

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zabrljanje For This Useful Post:

Cuksi (10-07-2018),ecanikajo (10-07-2018),giannsi (10-07-2018),shiza (09-07-2018)

Thread Information