PDA

View Full Version : Apple Admits iPhone Overheating Issues

kocka90
03-07-2009, 02:39
Apple has issued a warning on its support pages regarding iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS overheating, marking the first time the company has officially acknowledged the problem. Reports that the iPhone 3GS is having overheating problems have surfaced last week, merely days after the devices was launched.

Over the last few days, many iPhone 3GS users have been reporting that Apple's new iPhone 3GS is getting abnormally hot when used in various environments. PC World's Melissa J. Perenson noted in her report that she was experiencing the same phenomenon with her new 16GB iPhone 3GS.

Various U.S. gadget sites such as as Gizmodo and Engadget have circulated reports of the same problem, and PC World's Tech Inciter David Coursey, a hot iPhone 3GS owner as well, was even discussing a possible iPhone 3GS recall from Apple. Others have even claimed a discoloration of the iPhone's back cover due to the device running very hot.

Though Apple has not officially acknowledged a problem with the new iPhone 3GS, the company has now issued a warning on its support knowledge base, basically putting the blame on users. The warning prompts users not to leave their phones in a car because temperatures in parked cars can exceed the -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F) range the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS were designed to function in properly.

Apple says in the support article that "if the interior temperature of the device exceeds normal operating temperatures, you may experience the following as it attempts to regulate its temperature: the device stops charging, display dims, and/or weak cellular signal."

Apple also posted an image (above) of an overheated iPhone screenshot with a message that appears when the operating temperature of the devices is too hot. The company says this is a safety mechanism that protects the components of the iPhone 3G/3GS.

Other conditions that Apple deems as possible overheating causes are: leaving the phone in direct sunlight for extended amounts of time or using certain applications in hot conditions or direct sunlight for a long time. An Apple overheating scenario is using GPS tracking in a car on a sunny day or listening to music while in direct sunlight.

Apple further advises hot iPhone 3G and 3GS owners to turn their device off when the above-mentioned temperature warning appears on screen and move it to a cooler environment, allowing the iPhone to cool down before resuming use.

Apple has sold over one million iPhone 3GSs since the device launched on June 19.

Izvor: Yahoo (http://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/20090702/tc_pcworld/appleadmitsiphoneoverheatingissuessortof)

Posejdon
03-07-2009, 02:52
kakvi ludaci......resice oni to sigurno.......na drugom milionu prodatih telefona :D

kocka90
03-07-2009, 02:55
The warning prompts users not to leave their phones in a car because temperatures in parked cars can exceed the -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F) range the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS were designed to function in properly.
to glupi amerikanci, ostavljaju telefon u kolima na suncu :) pa naravno da ce da se pregreje :)

Posejdon
03-07-2009, 02:58
A ne bi me cudilo i da se greje sam od sebe..zbog svih tih zastita od mehanickih ostecenja....ne moze telefon da ,,dise" :vb_vomit:

kocka90
03-07-2009, 03:00
eto iPhone sad ima jos jednu funkciju... iPegla :)

naprave App koja pregreva iPhone i peglas...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2gx4scg.png

zixY
03-07-2009, 03:16
Kad je prikljucen iPhone za USB kad radi sync malo duze od 5 minuta previse se pregreje, ali resice oni to u nekoj novijoj seriji ili novom modelu :D

hardmax
03-07-2009, 11:41
Stvarno su ******i sto su stavili plasticna ledja na 3G i 3G S umesto da su ih uradili u aluminijumu kao predhodnika sa malo izmenjenim dizajnom.

arula
03-07-2009, 11:46
plastika kao materijal, kazu, manje smeta svoj toj gomili antena ispod (mislim da je ovo razlog). verovatno i utice na manju cenu uredjaja. a i bar 3 puta je elegantnija i lepsa od 2g ledja.

jedino ostaje da objasne (smisleno) kako se isti hardware na 2.2 ne greje toliko a na 3.0 pece palacinke.

byMaX
03-07-2009, 17:39
Stvarno su ******i sto su stavili plasticna ledja na 3G i 3G S umesto da su ih uradili u aluminijumu kao predhodnika sa malo izmenjenim dizajnom.

Ne može metalna leđa zbog GPS-a, 3G antene koja je veća od obične GSM antene (a i u 2G režimu, 3G mi ima bolji signal od 2G-a jer već godinama tako testiram telefone u mom podrumu koji je dupli faradejev kavez). Drugo, misliš li da bi metalna leđa pomogla da se telefon bolje ohladi? Bi, brže bi se ohladio kad se zagreje, ali se isto tako slabije zagreva od spoljašnjih uticaja kad je od plastike...

srbinovic
03-07-2009, 19:27
Respect za iPegla!

hardmax
03-07-2009, 20:06
Samo cu Vam reci Nokia E71!

Odlican signal, wireless radi 300% bolje i GPS radi odlicno, a sve to u metlnom kucistu.

hardmax
04-07-2009, 01:58
Nije stvar u E71 vec da se mogu postici normalne performanse i sa metalnim kucistem telefona.

Sledeci put isprati temu i o cemu se diskutuje.
Flame ce biti brisan.

djalf
12-07-2009, 20:08
Posto niko nije postovao sliku tog upozorenja, evo:
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/07/07/amd_iphone.jpg